All About Monstera deliciosa ‘Thai Constellation’
Posted on December 12 2022
The ‘Thai Constellation’ is a variegated Monstera deliciosa. This variety of Monstera deliciosa has green leaves with scattered creamy yellow variegation that resembles constellation-like patterns. The variegated leaves combined with perforated leaves makes for a truly show stopping plant. Each Thai Constellation varies in pattern, so your Monstera will be like no other out there!
Meet Your Match:
- Nickname: Thai Constellation
- About the Family: The Monstera deliciosa ‘Thai Constellation’ is a member of the Araceae family, so it is a relative of both philodendron and pothos plants.
- Understanding the Family Tree: Araceae (Family), Monstera (Genus), Monstera deliciosa (Species)
- Hometown: Monstera deliciosa ‘Thai Constellation’ is native to tropical forests of southern Mexico and Panama.
How to Care for Your Monstera deliciosa ‘Thai Constellation’:
- Watering: All soil to slightly dry out in between waterings.
- Humidity: This plant enjoys being misted during the growing season.
- Soil: Well-draining, peat-based soil
- Fertilizer: Fertilize every few weeks during the growing season.
- Environment: Keep your Monstera deliciosa ‘Thai Constellation’ in bright, indirect light.
- Propagation: Cut a leaf that has an aerial root under it.
- Toxicity: The fruit of a Monstera deliciosa ‘Thai Constellation’ is toxic when unripe, it contains Calcium Oxalate.
The Best Unboxing Practices:Properly caring for your newly unboxed Monstera deliciosa ‘Thai Constellation’ for the first week of its new life is crucial to the extended wellness of your plant. Follow these practices to get the best results:
- Watering: Exotic Forest ships freshly watered plants. Do not water your Monstera deliciosa ‘Thai Constellation’ until it exhibits the proper signs.
- Repotting: Do not immediately repot your plant, which would likely result in shock and leaf-loss. Allow it to acclimate to its new environment for at least one week.
- Lighting: Place your plant in filtered, bright indirect light for a few days to acclimate. Relocate your Monstera deliciosa ‘Thai Constellation’ to your desired location in bright indirect light that fits its care needs afterward.
What You’re Getting:
- You will receive a carefully selected, quality evaluated 10” diameter plant approximately 30" tall and 16-24" leaves. All Exotic Forest plants are rooted and thriving.
What Makes Us Special:
- Shipment Methods: Plants are precious, and we want yours to arrive safely! We ship our plants via UPS, with a maximum of 4-day shipping.
- Our Packing: Have you received ‘squished’ plants from other companies? Our solution to this common issue is bamboo stakes and biodegradable packing peanuts (starch), which securely holds your plant in place during shipment.
- Chemical-free: We are committed to keeping our plants and customers safe. We never treat our plants with chemical pesticides.
- Quality Standards: Exotic Forest strives to meet stringent quality standards and evaluates each plant we resource from our nursery. Pest-free, healthy plants are a requirement!
- Customer Service: Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are experiencing issues with or have questions about how to care for your Monstera deliciosa ‘Thai Constellation’, reach out to us at email@example.com or via our social media accounts. Are you tired of receiving pre-written responses? We believe that plant parents want to talk to people, not robots. A knowledgeable team member reads and replies to each individual concern: no cookie-cutter answers here!
- Returns: While we do not accept returns at this time, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with photos of your plant and receipt to discuss the specific plant care issues you’re experiencing with your Monstera deliciosa ‘Thai Constellation’ and possible resolutions.
- Your Personal Plant-Care Resource: Do you love your new addition? We couldn’t be happier! Join our mailing list to receive exclusive offers, updates, and care tips.
FAQ about Monstera deliciosa ‘Thai Constellation’:
- What is the difference between Thai Constellation and variegated Monstera? The Monstera deliciosa ‘Thai Constellation’ is a variegated Monstera, but it has a more of a creamy -yellow color variegation than the usual white variegation you see. The variegation is stable which means the plant will always have variegation and there is no worry of reversion.
- How do you encourage variegation in a Monstera deliciosa ‘Thai Constellation’? Place your Thai Constellation in bright direct light to encourage variegation. Variegated plants need more sun than solid green plants because they don't have as much chlorophyll to absorb sunlight.
- Can my Monstera deliciosa ‘Thai Constellation’ revert? ‘Thai Constellation’ Monsteras don't revert. The variegation is built into their genetic makeup because they're engineered by humans and don't exist in the wild.