All About Sansevieria Moonshine
Posted on December 11 2022
When it comes to Snake Plants, the Sansevieria Moonshine has become the queen! It’s characterized by its misty green-grey, upright leaves that turn and twist as they get larger. As one of the easiest plants to care for, the Sansevieria Moonshine is an instant star in your plant collection!
Meet Your Match:
- Nickname: Snake Plant, Mother-in-Law Tongue, Moonlight Sansevieria, Sansevieria Futura Silver Offset
- About the Family: The Sansevieria Moonshine is a relative of other Sansevieria varieties, such as the Baylli and Laurentii.
- Understanding the Family Tree: Asparagaceae (Family), Sansevieria (Genus), Sansevieria trifasciata (Species), Sansevieria trifasciata ‘Moonshine’ (Cultivar).
- Hometown: West Africa.
How to Care for Your Sansevieria Moonshine:
- Watering: Allow the soil to completely dry out before rewatering.
- Humidity: Average.
- Soil: Well-draining soil.
- Fertilizer: Use a balanced cactus fertilizer 2-3 times a year.
- Environment: Indoors, keep your Sansevieria in bright-medium indirect light and temperatures between 55-85 degrees.
- Propagation: Division or leaf cuttings.
- Toxicity: Mildly toxic to pets and people.
The Best Unboxing Practices:Properly caring for your newly unboxed Sansevieria Moonshine for the first week of its new life is crucial to the extended wellness of your plant. Follow these practices to get the best results:
- Watering: Exotic Forest ships freshly watered plants. Do not water your Sansevieria until it exhibits the proper signs.
- Repotting: Do not immediately repot your plant, which would likely result in shock and leaf-loss. Allow it to acclimate to its new environment for at least one week.
- Lighting: Place your Sansevieria in filtered, low light for a few days to acclimate. Relocate your Sansevieria Moonshine to your desired location that fits its care needs afterward. Do not ever place a freshly un-boxed plant in direct sun.
What You’re Getting:
- You will receive a carefully selected, quality evaluated 10” diameter plant. All Exotic Forest plants are rooted and thriving.
What Makes Us Special:
- Shipment Methods: Plants are precious, and we want yours to arrive safely! We ship our plants via UPS, with a maximum of 4-day shipping.
- Our Packing: Have you received ‘squished’ plants from other companies? Our solution to this common issue is bamboo stakes and biodegradable packing peanuts (starch), which securely holds your plant in place during shipment.
- Chemical-free: We are committed to keeping our plants and customers safe. We never treat our plants with chemical pesticides.
- Quality Standards: Exotic Forest strives to meet stringent quality standards and evaluates each plant we resource from our nursery. Pest-free, healthy plants are a requirement!
- Customer Service: Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are experiencing issues with or have questions about how to care for your Sansevieria Moonshine, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our social media accounts. Are you tired of receiving pre-written responses? We believe that plant parents want to talk to people, not robots. A knowledgeable team member reads and replies to each individual concern: no cookie-cutter answers here!
- Returns: While we do not accept returns at this time, you can contact us at email@example.com with photos of your plant and receipt to discuss the specific plant care issues you’re experiencing with your Sansevieria Moonshine and possible resolutions.
- Your Personal Plant-Care Resource: Do you love your new addition? We couldn’t be happier! Join our mailing list to receive exclusive offers, updates, and care tips.
FAQ about How to Care for Your Sansevieria Moonshine:
- What’s the Sansevieria Moonshine’s scientific name? The scientific name for your plant is: Sansevieria trifasciata ‘Moonshine’.
- What’s the average height of the Sansevieria Moonshine? If cared for properly, it can reach heights of up to two feet!
- How do you take care of the Sansevieria Moonshine? If you already own a Snake Plant or two, you’re a shoo-in for taking care of the Sansevieria Moonshine because they have the same care requirements. Place your Sansevieria in a brightly lit location; placing the Moonshine in a low-light area will result in darker, green leaves. Water your plant when the soil has completely dried!