All About Anthurium andraeanum
Posted on December 11 2022
The red Flamingo Flower: It’s a classic. Perky green, structured leaves are complimented nicely by the stark contrast of ruby blooms. Care for them properly, and your Anthurium Andraeanum will guarantee you constant blossoming beauty year-round.
Meet Your Match:
- Nickname: Flamingo Flower, Painter’s Palette
- About the Family: The Anthurium andraeanum is a relative of other Anthurium varieties, like the Anthurium crystallinum and warocqueanum.
- Understanding the Family Tree: Araceae (Family), Anthurium (Genus), Anthurium andraeanum (Species).
- Hometown: Colombia & Ecuador.
How to Care for Your Anthurium andraeanum:
- Watering: Allow the first inch of soil to dry before rewatering.
- Humidity: High.
- Soil: Well-draining soil.
- Fertilizer: Use a balanced fertilizer every other month during the growing season.
- Environment: Indoors, keep your Anthurium in medium-bright indirect light and temperatures above 60 degrees.
- Propagation: Division.
- Toxicity: Toxic.
The Best Unboxing Practices:
- Watering: Exotic Forest ships freshly watered plants. Do not water your Anthurium until it exhibits the proper signs.
- Repotting: Do not immediately repot your plant, which would likely result in shock and leaf-loss. Allow it to acclimate to its new environment for at least one week.
- Lighting: Place your Anthurium in filtered, low light for a few days to acclimate. Relocate your Anthurium andraeanum to your desired location that fits its care needs afterward. Do not ever place a freshly un-boxed plant in direct sun.
What You’re Getting:
- You will receive a carefully selected, quality evaluated 6” diameter plant. All Exotic Forest plants are rooted and thriving.
What Makes Us Special:
- Shipment Methods: Plants are precious, and we want yours to arrive safely! We ship our plants via UPS, with a maximum of 4-day shipping.
- Our Packing: Have you received ‘squished’ plants from other companies? Our solution to this common issue is bamboo stakes and biodegradable packing peanuts (starch), which securely holds your plant in place during shipment.
- Chemical-free: We are committed to keeping our plants and customers safe. We never treat our plants with chemical pesticides.
- Quality Standards: Exotic Forest strives to meet stringent quality standards and evaluates each plant we resource from our nursery. Pest-free, healthy plants are a requirement!
- Customer Service: Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are experiencing issues with or have questions about how to care for your Anthurium andraeanum, reach out to us at email@example.com or via our social media accounts. Are you tired of receiving pre-written responses? We believe that plant parents want to talk to people, not robots. A knowledgeable team member reads and replies to each individual concern: no cookie-cutter answers here!
- Returns: While we do not accept returns at this time, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with photos of your plant and receipt to discuss the specific plant care issues you’re experiencing with your Anthurium andraeanum and possible resolutions.
- Your Personal Plant-Care Resource: Do you love your new addition? We couldn’t be happier! Join our mailing list to receive exclusive offers, updates, and care tips.
FAQ about Anthurium andraeanum Care:
- How to take care of an Anthurium andraeanum? Soil and humidity are two of the biggest keys to a happy Anthurium. As a relative of the Orchid, these plants prefer chunky, well-draining soil. Use two parts Orchid mix, one part peat, and one part perlite for the best success. For humidity, the surest way to keep your Anthurium happy is to purchase a humidifier. You can also mist its leaves daily.
- What’s the best method of propagation for Anthurium andraeanum? The best way to propagate an Anthurium is to divide it at repotting. How does that work? Your plant naturally grows more of itself; so, when you take it out of its pot, you should see easily divisible offshoots. Simply remove these, and place them in a new pot.