All About Monstera adansonii ‘Friedrichsthalii’
Posted on December 12 2022
Monstera adansonii ‘Friedrichsthalii’ is usually listed under Monstera Friedrichsthalii but the correct name is M. adansonii. As this plant matures, it’s leaves change and begin to form fenestration, oval holes in the leaves.This plant makes an unusual hanging basket or trailing over a mixed pot. It is easy to grow and tolerates low light.
Meet Your Match:
- Nickname: Friedrichsthalii, sometimes Swiss Cheese Plant
- About the Family: The Monstera adansonii ‘Friedrichsthalii’ is a member of the Araceae family, so it is a relative of both philodendron and pothos plants.
- Understanding the Family Tree: Araceae (Family), Monstera (Genus), Monstera deliciosa (Species)
- Hometown: Monstera adansonii ‘Friedrichsthalii’ is native to the jungles of Central and South America.
How to Care for Your Monstera adansonii ‘Friedrichsthalii’:
- Watering: All soil to slightly dry out in between waterings.
- Humidity: This plant enjoys being misted during the growing season.
- Soil: Well-draining, peat-based or orchid bark soil
- Fertilizer: Fertilize every few weeks during the growing season.
- Environment: Keep your Monstera adansonii ‘Friedrichsthalii’ in bright, indirect light.
- Propagation: Use clean scissors to cut about a 1/4 inch above a node where the leaf attaches to the vine.
- Toxicity: Monstera adansonii ‘Friedrichsthalii’ are toxic to dogs and cats.
The Best Unboxing Practices:
Properly caring for your newly unboxed Monstera deliciosa ‘Friedrichsthalii’ for the first week of its new life is crucial to the extended wellness of your plant. Follow these practices to get the best results:
- Watering: Exotic Forest ships freshly watered plants. Do not water your Monstera adansonii ‘Friedrichsthalii’ until it exhibits the proper signs.
- Repotting: Do not immediately repot your plant, which would likely result in shock and leaf-loss. Allow it to acclimate to its new environment for at least one week.
- Lighting: Place your plant in filtered, indirect light for a few days to acclimate. Relocate your Monstera adansonii ‘Friedrichsthalii’ to your desired location in bright indirect light that fits its care needs afterward.
What You’re Getting:
- You will receive a carefully selected, quality evaluated 6” diameter plant. All Exotic Forest plants are rooted and thriving.
What Makes Us Special:
- Shipment Methods: Plants are precious, and we want yours to arrive safely! We ship our plants via UPS, with a maximum of 4-day shipping.
- Our Packing: Have you received ‘squished’ plants from other companies? Our solution to this common issue is bamboo stakes and biodegradable packing peanuts (starch), which securely holds your plant in place during shipment.
- Chemical-free: We are committed to keeping our plants and customers safe. We never treat our plants with chemical pesticides.
- Quality Standards: Exotic Forest strives to meet stringent quality standards and evaluates each plant we resource from our nursery. Pest-free, healthy plants are a requirement!
- Customer Service: Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are experiencing issues with or have questions about how to care for your Monstera adansonii ‘Friedrichsthalii’, reach out to us at email@example.com or via our social media accounts. Are you tired of receiving pre-written responses? We believe that plant parents want to talk to people, not robots. A knowledgeable team member reads and replies to each individual concern: no cookie-cutter answers here!
- Returns: While we do not accept returns at this time, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with photos of your plant and receipt to discuss the specific plant care issues you’re experiencing with your Monstera adansonii ‘Friedrichsthalii’ and possible resolutions.
- Your Personal Plant-Care Resource: Do you love your new addition? We couldn’t be happier! Join our mailing list to receive exclusive offers, updates, and care tips.
FAQ about Monstera adansonii ‘Friedrichsthalii’:
- Should I mist my Monstera adansonii ‘Friedrichsthalii’? Warm and humid bathrooms or kitchens are a great place to keep your Monstera adansonii plant. Otherwise, you should mist your plant frequently, or set it on a humidity tray. As another option, you could also get a humidifier and place it near the plant to keep the humidity up.
- Why is my Monstera adansonii ‘Friedrichsthalii’ not splitting? While monsteras can definitely get by in lower light, they won't grow much or develop many splits (or multiple rows of splits) without lots of bright, indirect sunlight. Even if you're doing everything else right, your monstera leaves may not split without the right light.
- Should I cut off brown Monstera adansonii ‘Friedrichsthalii’? If you see yellow or brown leaves on your Monstera adansonii ‘Friedrichsthalii’, you can remove any yellow or brown leaves by simply cutting them off at the base.