All About Hoya carnosa compacta ‘Hindu Rope’
Posted on December 12 2022
The Hoya carnosa compacta “Hindu Rope’ has draping vines resembling thick ropes with their crowded, contorted leaves. These fleshy, curled leaves, which may be either solid dark green in color or variegated green and white, have an attractive glossy or waxy appearance. The clusters of small star-shaped flowers are also often waxy. With minimal effort, you can enjoy the Hindu rope plant’s remarkable foliage for many, many years – even decades!
Meet Your Match:
- Nickname: Hindu Rope
- About the Family: The Hoya carnosa compacta is a member of the Apocynaceae family, so it is a flowering plant.
- Understanding the Family Tree: Apocynaceae (Family), Hoya (Genus), Hoya carnosa (Species)
- Hometown: Hoya carnosa compacta is native to the jungles south and southeast Asia.
How to Care for Your Hoya carnosa compacta ‘Hindu Rope’:
- Watering: Water when the soil is almost dry during growth phase, infrequently during winter
- Humidity: Higher humidity than average household levels (40-60 percent)
- Soil: Lightweight, well-aerated, fast-draining growing medium
- Fertilizer: Fertilize once a month during growing season
- Environment: Keep your Hoya carnosa compacta ‘Hindu Rope’ in bright, indirect light.
- Propagation: Use clean scissors to cut about a 1/4 inch above a node where the leaf attaches to the vine.
- Toxicity: Hoya carnosa compacta ‘Hindu Rope’ is non-toxic to people and pets.
The Best Unboxing Practices:Properly caring for your newly unboxed Hoya carnosa compacta ‘Hindu Rope’ for the first week of its new life is crucial to the extended wellness of your plant. Follow these practices to get the best results:
- Watering: Exotic Forest ships freshly watered plants. Do not water your Hoya carnosa compacta ‘Hindu Rope’ until it exhibits the proper signs.
- Repotting: Do not immediately repot your plant, which would likely result in shock and leaf-loss. Allow it to acclimate to its new environment for at least one week.
- Lighting: Place your plant in filtered, indirect light for a few days to acclimate. Relocate your Hoya carnosa compacta ‘Hindu Rope’ to your desired location in bright indirect light that fits its care needs afterward.
What You’re Getting:
- You will receive a carefully selected, quality evaluated 8” diameter plant. All Exotic Forest plants are rooted and thriving.
What Makes Us Special:
- Shipment Methods: Plants are precious, and we want yours to arrive safely! We ship our plants via UPS, with a maximum of 4-day shipping.
- Our Packing: Have you received ‘squished’ plants from other companies? Our solution to this common issue is bamboo stakes and biodegradable packing peanuts (starch), which securely holds your plant in place during shipment.
- Chemical-free: We are committed to keeping our plants and customers safe. We never treat our plants with chemical pesticides.
- Quality Standards: Exotic Forest strives to meet stringent quality standards and evaluates each plant we resource from our nursery. Pest-free, healthy plants are a requirement!
- Customer Service: Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are experiencing issues with or have questions about how to care for your Hoya carnosa compacta ‘Hindu Rope’, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our social media accounts. Are you tired of receiving pre-written responses? We believe that plant parents want to talk to people, not robots. A knowledgeable team member reads and replies to each individual concern: no cookie-cutter answers here!
- Returns: While we do not accept returns at this time, you can contact us at email@example.com with photos of your plant and receipt to discuss the specific plant care issues you’re experiencing with your Hoya carnosa compacta ‘Hindu Rope’ and possible resolutions.
- Your Personal Plant-Care Resource: Do you love your new addition? We couldn’t be happier! Join our mailing list to receive exclusive offers, updates, and care tips.
FAQ about Hoya carnosa compacta ‘Hindu Rope’:
- Do Hoya carnosa compacta like to be misted? Hoyas like humidity, so it likes mistings if it is not in a room with higher humidity.
- Do Hoya carnosa compacta like small pots? Hoya like being pot bound & you'll get a better bloom if you leave them be for a few years.
- How do I get my Hoya carnosa compacta to flower? Place your Hoya in a spot about 4 to 5 feet from a bright window with indirect light. Although Hoya thrives in low levels of light, it won't flower. Make sure to feed your plant regularly to encourage your Hoya to bloom. Use a balanced fertilizer for indoor plants, as regular feeding may entice the plant to bloom.