All About Medinilla magnifica ‘Royal Glow’
Posted on December 09 2022
The Medinilla Magnifica Royal Glow is the biggest Medinilla! These beautiful tree-like plants have broad green leaves with notable veining and cascading pink flowers. True to their name, in years past, they were sought after by royalty for conservatories. Who wouldn’t want to join the club, right? With proper care, your Royal Glow will reward you with flowers year-round.
Meet Your Match:
- Nickname: Royal Glow, Philippine Orchid, Showy Medinilla, Pink Lantern Plant
- About the Family: The Medinilla Magnifica Royal Glow is a relative of other Medinilla varieties, such as the Medinilla Cummingii and Sedifolia.
- Understanding the Family Tree: Melastomataceae (Family), Medinilla (Genus), Medinilla Magnifica Royal Glow (Species).
- Hometown: Philippines.
How to Care for Your Medinilla Magnifica Royal Glow:
- Watering: Allow the first 2 inches of sphagnum moss to dry out before watering during the growing season. In dormancy, water when the majority of its moss has dried.
- Humidity: High.
- Soil: Moisture retaining, well-draining soil.
- Fertilizer: Balanced fertilizer, twice monthly while blooms are opening.
- Environment: Keep your Royal Glow in bright indirect light and temperatures above 65 degrees.
- Propagation: Stem cuttings (requires 2 leaves, remove excess leaf material)
- Toxicity: Non-toxic.
The Best Unboxing Practices:
- Properly caring for your newly unboxed Medinilla Magnifica Royal Glow for the first week of its new life is crucial to the extended wellness of your plant. Follow these practices to get the best results:
- Watering: Exotic Forest ships freshly watered plants. Do not water your Medinilla Magnifica Royal Glow until it exhibits the proper signs.
- Repotting: Do not immediately repot your plant, which would likely result in shock and leaf-loss. Allow it to acclimate to its new environment for at least one week.
- Lighting: Place your Medinilla in filtered, low light for a few days to acclimate. Relocate your Medinilla Magnifica Royal Glow to your desired location that fits its care needs afterward. Do not ever place a freshly un-boxed plant in direct sun.
What You’re Getting:
- You will receive a carefully selected, quality evaluated Medinilla Magnifica Royal Glow in a 12-inch wooden basket. All Exotic Forest plants are rooted and thriving.
- Due to the delicate nature of these captivating blossoms, we make every effort to provide a plant with as many unopened blooms as possible, which will open within 1-2 months.
What Makes Us Special:
- Shipment Methods: Plants are precious, and we want yours to arrive safely! We ship our plants UPS or FedEx, with a maximum of 4-day shipping.
- Our Packing: Have you received ‘squished’ plants from other companies? Our solution to this common issue is a metal tomato-cage, which securely holds your plant in place during shipment.
- Chemical-free: We are committed to keeping our plants and customers safe. We never treat our plants with chemical pesticides.
- Quality Standards: ExoticForest strives to meet stringent quality standards and evaluates each plant we resource from our nursery. Pest-free, healthy plants are a requirement!
- Customer Service: Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are experiencing issues with or have questions about how to care for your Medinilla Magnifica Royal Glow, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our social media accounts. Are you tired of receiving pre-written responses? We believe that plant parents want to talk to people, not robots. A knowledgeable team member reads and replies to each individual concern: no cookie-cutter answers here!
- Returns: While we do not accept returns at this time, you can contact us at email@example.com with photos of your plant and receipt to discuss the specific plant care issues you’re experiencing with your Medinilla Magnifica Royal Glow and possible resolutions.
- Your Plant-Care Resource: Do you love your new addition? We couldn’t be happier! Join our mailing list to receive exclusive offers, updates, and care tips.
FAQ about Medinilla Magnifica Royal Glow:
What are some common Medinilla Magnifica diseases? Some common diseases that affect Medinilla plants are root rot, leaf-spot, botrytis, and powdery mildew. Many of these diseases can be avoided by (1) not overwatering your plant and (2) not allowing water to sit on your plant’s leaves for an extended period of time.
How should I prune my Medinilla Magnifica? Pruning your Medinilla will keep it a compact size, but you should do so carefully! Wait until after your plant has finished blooming and then cut branches with pruning shears. For a branch to survive, it needs at least two leaves, so don’t get too enthusiastic with your trimming!
Is the Medinilla Magnifica toxic to cats? These plants are non-toxic, so they are safe to have around all your furry friends.