All About Alocasia 'Regal Shield'
Posted on December 09 2022
The Alocasia Regal Shield is a minimalist yet striking plant, sporting muted, smokey dark green-grey hues and prominent veins. As a medium-care plant, it requires a little extra TLC. Place it near a humidifier for the best success! When it’s treated right, this Alocasia can reach heights of 4-5 feet at maturity, making it the perfect statement piece for your home!
Meet Your Match:
- Nickname: Elephant Ear
- About the Family: The Alocasia Regal Shield is a relative of other Alocasia varieties, such as the Polly and Frydek.
- Understanding the Family Tree: Araceae (Family), Alocasia (Genus), Regal Shields (Species).
- Hometown: Asia.
How to Care for Your Alocasia Regal Shields:
- Watering: Allow the first 2 inches to dry out before watering.
- Humidity: High.
- Soil: Moisture retaining, well-draining soil.
- Fertilizer: Balanced fertilizer, diluted to ⅓ strength, monthly during the Spring-Summer.
- Environment: Keep your Alocasia in bright indirect to dabbled direct sunlight and temperatures above 65 degrees.
- Propagation: Division
- Toxicity: Toxic to pets and people.
The Best Unboxing Practices:
- Watering: Exotic Forest ships freshly watered plants. Do not water your Alocasia Regal Shield until it exhibits the proper signs.
- Repotting: Do not immediately repot your plant, which would likely result in shock and leaf-loss. Allow it to acclimate to its new environment for at least one week.
- Lighting: Place your Alocasia in filtered, low light for a few days to acclimate. Relocate your Alocasia Regal Shield to your desired location that fits its care needs afterward. Do not ever place a freshly un-boxed plant in direct sun.
What You’re Getting:
- You will receive a carefully selected, quality evaluated 10” diameter plant approximately 36" tall. All Exotic Forest plants are rooted and thriving.
What Makes Us Special:
- Shipment Methods: Plants are precious, and we want yours to arrive safely! We ship our plants via UPS, with a maximum of 4-day shipping.
- Our Packing: Have you received ‘squished’ plants from other companies? Our solution to this common issue is bamboo stakes and biodegradable packing peanuts (starch), which securely holds your plant in place during shipment.
- Chemical-free: We are committed to keeping our plants and customers safe. We never treat our plants with chemical pesticides.
- Quality Standards: Exotic Forest strives to meet stringent quality standards and evaluates each plant we resource from our nursery. Pest-free, healthy plants are a requirement!
- Customer Service: Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are experiencing issues with or have questions about how to care for your Alocasia Regal Shields, reach out to us at email@example.com or via our social media accounts. Are you tired of receiving pre-written responses? We believe that plant parents want to talk to people, not robots. A knowledgeable team member reads and replies to each individual concern: no cookie-cutter answers here!
- Returns: While we do not accept returns at this time, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with photos of your plant and receipt to discuss the specific plant care issues you’re experiencing with your Alocasia Regal Shields and possible resolutions.
- Your Personal Plant-Care Resource: Do you love your new addition? We couldn’t be happier! Join our mailing list to receive exclusive offers, updates, and care tips.
FAQ about Alocasia Regal Shields:
- What are the Alocasia Regal Shield indoor care requirements? Place your Alocasia Regal Shields in the brightest location you can muster indoors. Two of the most important factors: Don’t overwater and provide extra humidity. You should only rewater your plant when the first 1-2 inches of soil are dry. Indoors, a humidifier isn’t optional for this plant. Misting can cause leaf diseases, so it’s your best bet to increase your environment to 65-80% humidity!
- What is the Alocasia Regal Shield hardiness? The ideal temperature for your plant is 70-80 degrees. If your zone dips below 59 degrees, you need to bring your plant inside!