All About Colocasia 'Mojito'
Posted on December 10 2022
We all like a good minty Mojito, right? Drink in the eye-catching appearance of the Colocasia Mojito, with its pink stems and its unpredictable black leaf splotches. With the right soil and enough humidity, the Mojito will be a welcomed addition to any plant family!
Meet Your Match:
- Nickname: Elephant Ear Plant, Elephant Ears ‘Mojito’, Imperial Taro ‘Mojito’, Taro Plant, Taro ‘Mojito’
- About the Family: The Colocasia Mojito is a relative of other Colocasia varieties, such as the Diamond Head and White Lava.
- Understanding the Family Tree: Araceae (Family), Colocasia (Genus), Colocasia Esculenta (Species), Colocasia Esculenta ‘Mojito’ (Cultivar).
- Hometown: Southeast Asia.
How to Care for Your Colocasia ‘Mojito’:
- Watering: Allow ⅓ of the soil to dry out before watering.
- Humidity: High.
- Soil: Well-draining soil.
- Fertilizer: 20-10-10 fertilizer, diluted to ½ strength every two weeks during the Spring-Summer.
- Environment: Indoors, keep your Colocasia in bright-medium indirect light and temperatures above 65 degrees.
- Propagation: Division.
- Toxicity: Toxic to pets and people.
The Best Unboxing Practices:
- Watering: Exotic Forest ships freshly watered plants. Do not water your Colocasia until it exhibits the proper signs.
- Repotting: Do not immediately repot your plant, which would likely result in shock and leaf-loss. Allow it to acclimate to its new environment for at least one week.
- Lighting: Place your Colocasia in filtered, low light for a few days to acclimate. Relocate your Colocasia Mojito to your desired location that fits its care needs afterward. Do not ever place a freshly un-boxed plant in direct sun.
What You’re Getting:
- You will receive a carefully selected, quality evaluated 10” diameter plant approximately 30" tall. All Exotic Forest plants are rooted and thriving.
What Makes Us Special:
- Shipment Methods: Plants are precious, and we want yours to arrive safely! We ship our plants via UPS, with a maximum of 4-day shipping.
- Our Packing: Have you received ‘squished’ plants from other companies? Our solution to this common issue is bamboo stakes and biodegradable packing peanuts (starch), which securely holds your plant in place during shipment.
- Chemical-free: We are committed to keeping our plants and customers safe. We never treat our plants with chemical pesticides.
- Quality Standards: Exotic Forest strives to meet stringent quality standards and evaluates each plant we resource from our nursery. Pest-free, healthy plants are a requirement!
- Customer Service: Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are experiencing issues with or have questions about how to care for your Colocasia 'Mojito', reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our social media accounts. Are you tired of receiving pre-written responses? We believe that plant parents want to talk to people, not robots. A knowledgeable team member reads and replies to each individual concern: no cookie-cutter answers here!
- Returns: While we do not accept returns at this time, you can contact us at email@example.com with photos of your plant and receipt to discuss the specific plant care issues you’re experiencing with your Colocasia 'Mojito' and possible resolutions.
- Your Personal Plant-Care Resource: Do you love your new addition? We couldn’t be happier! Join our mailing list to receive exclusive offers, updates, and care tips.
FAQ about Colocasia Mojito:
- Why is my Colocasia Mojito drooping? Drooping Colocasias = Unhappy Colocasias. What exactly is the problem? If you have a mature plant, one easy problem is: the leaves are too heavy for the stems, and need to be staked. Other issues include cold temperatures, lack of fertilizer, and improper lighting.
- How do you care for a Colocasia Mojito indoors? The key to a Colocasia’s success indoors is humidity and light! Make sure you are boosting the humidity in your plant’s environment with a humidifier or regular misting. Place your Colocasia in a brightly lit location: ideally a few feet away from a sunny window, out of the path of any direct sun.