All About Alocasia 'Imperial Red'
Posted on December 12 2022
If you’re a fan of plants that make a statement, this one's for you! Dreamy green leaves suspended on spindly red stems creates an automatic tropical vibe (Piña Colada optional). Caring for an Alocasia Imperial Red requires a little extra TLC, but is achievable. The most important part: The right soil and a humidity boost!
Meet Your Match:
- Nickname: Imperial Red Elephant Ear
- About the Family: The Alocasia Imperial Red is related to other varieties of Alocasia, such as the Polly and Tyrion.
- Understanding the Family Tree: Araceae (Family), Alocasia (Genus), Alocasia Imperial Red (Species).
- Hometown: Tropical Asia.
How to Care for Your Alocasia Imperial Red:
- Watering: When the first ¼ inch of soil is dry.
- Humidity: High.
- Soil: Well-draining. Mix one part peat-based soil mix with one part perlite, one part peat, and one part sand.
- Fertilizer: Diluted, balanced fertilizer every two weeks during growing season.
- Environment: Keep your Alocasia Imperial Red in bright, indirect light and temperatures above 65 degrees.
- Propagation: Division.
- Toxicity: Shouldn’t be ingested; toxic to pets and people.
The Best Unboxing Practices:
- Watering: Exotic Forest ships freshly watered plants. Do not water your Alocasia until it exhibits the proper signs.
- Repotting: Do not immediately repot your plant, which would likely result in shock and leaf-loss. Allow it to acclimate to its new environment for at least one week.
- Lighting: Place your Alocasia in filtered, low light for a few days to acclimate. Relocate your Alocasia Imperial Red to your desired location that fits its care needs afterward. Do not ever place a freshly un-boxed plant in direct sun.
What You’re Getting:
- You will receive a carefully selected, quality evaluated 10” diameter plant approximately 36" tall. All Exotic Forest plants are rooted and thriving.
What Makes Us Special:
- Shipment Methods: Plants are precious, and we want yours to arrive safely! We ship our plants via UPS, with a maximum of 4-day shipping.
- Our Packing: Have you received ‘squished’ plants from other companies? Our solution to this common issue is bamboo stakes and biodegradable packing peanuts (starch), which securely holds your plant in place during shipment.
- Chemical-free: We are committed to keeping our plants and customers safe. We never treat our plants with chemical pesticides.
- Quality Standards: Exotic Forest strives to meet stringent quality standards and evaluates each plant we resource from our nursery. Pest-free, healthy plants are a requirement!
- Customer Service: Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are experiencing issues with or have questions about how to care for your Alocasia 'Imperial Red', reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our social media accounts. Are you tired of receiving pre-written responses? We believe that plant parents want to talk to people, not robots. A knowledgeable team member reads and replies to each individual concern: no cookie-cutter answers here!
- Returns: While we do not accept returns at this time, you can contact us at email@example.com with photos of your plant and receipt to discuss the specific plant care issues you’re experiencing with your Alocasia 'Imperial Red' and possible resolutions.
- Your Personal Plant-Care Resource: Do you love your new addition? We couldn’t be happier! Join our mailing list to receive exclusive offers, updates, and care tips.
FAQ about Caring for Alocasia Imperial Red:
- How do you take care of an Alocasia Imperial Red? One of the first steps to having a healthy Alocasia is selecting the proper soil. The ideal soil mixture is: one part peat-based soil mix, one part perlite, one part peat moss, and one part sand. After you have potted your plant, water it when the first ¼ inch of the soil is dry and increase the humidity to (at least) 50% with a humidifier.
- What size are Alocasia Imperial Red? They can grow to a mature height of 4 feet tall.