All About Philodendron ‘Moonlight’
Posted on December 11 2022
If you’re a lime-green fanatic, this is the plant for you! New growth comes out of the Philodendron ‘Moonlight’ almost fluorescent, eventually maturing to its true lime coloration. As a fast grower, this plant will continuously pop out these exciting hues. An added bonus? The Philodendron ‘Moonlight’ is easy to care for!
Meet Your Match:
- Nickname: Moonlight
- About the Family: The Philodendron ‘Moonlight’ is a hybrid Philodendron and is related to other varieties, like the Birkin Pink Princess.
- Understanding the Family Tree: Araceae (Family), Philodendron (Genus), Philodendron ‘Moonlight’ (Cultivar).
- Hometown: The Philodendron ‘Moonlight’ is a hybrid that was born in sub-tropical Florida.
Indoor Care for Your Philodendron Moonlight:
- Watering: When the first 1-2 inches of soil is dry.
- Humidity: Moderate-high.
- Soil: Well-draining.
- Fertilizer: During the growing season, use a 20-20-20 blend monthly.
- Environment: Keep your Philodendron Moonlight in bright, indirect light and temperatures above 65 degrees.
- Propagation: 3-6 inch long stem cutting.
- Toxicity: Shouldn’t be ingested; toxic to pets and people.
The Best Unboxing Practices:
- Watering: Exotic Forest ships freshly watered plants. Do not water your Philodendron Moonlight until it exhibits the proper signs.
- Repotting: Do not immediately repot your plant, which would likely result in shock and leaf-loss. Allow it to acclimate to its new environment for at least one week.
- Lighting: Place your Philodendron Moonlight in filtered, low light for a few days to acclimate. Relocate your Philodendron Moonlight to your desired location indoors that fits its care needs afterward. Do not ever place a freshly un-boxed plant in direct sun.
What You’re Getting:
- You will receive a carefully selected, quality evaluated 6” diameter plant, based on your selection. All Exotic Forest plants are rooted and thriving.
What Makes Us Special:
- Shipment Methods: Plants are precious, and we want yours to arrive safely! We ship our plants via UPS, with a maximum of 4-day shipping.
- Our Packing: Have you received ‘squished’ plants from other companies? Our solution to this common issue is bamboo stakes and biodegradable packing peanuts (starch), which securely holds your plant in place during shipment.
- Chemical-free: We are committed to keeping our plants and customers safe. We never treat our plants with chemical pesticides.
- Quality Standards: Exotic Forest strives to meet stringent quality standards and evaluates each plant we resource from our nursery. Pest-free, healthy plants are a requirement!
- Customer Service: Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are experiencing issues with or have questions about how to care for your Philodendron ‘Moonlight’, reach out to us at email@example.com or via our social media accounts. Are you tired of receiving pre-written responses? We believe that plant parents want to talk to people, not robots. A knowledgeable team member reads and replies to each individual concern: no cookie-cutter answers here!
- Returns: While we do not accept returns at this time, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with photos of your plant and receipt to discuss the specific plant care issues you’re experiencing with your Philodendron ‘Moonlight’ and possible resolutions.
- Your Personal Plant-Care Resource: Do you love your new addition? We couldn’t be happier! Join our mailing list to receive exclusive offers, updates, and care tips.
FAQ about Caring for Philodendron Moonlight Indoors:
- How do you care for a Philodendron Moonlight? Caring for the Philodendron Moonlight indoors is a breeze! Put your plant near a window with bright, indirect light. Water the soil when the first 25% of the soil is dry (1-2 inches down). While they can tolerate low-humidity, placing your Philodendron Moonlight near a humidifier will guarantee your plant flourishes!
- What are the Philodendron Moonlight’s light requirements? Place your plant near a window with medium to bright, indirect light. Dabbled morning sun may be appropriate. Afternoon rays will likely burn your plant’s leaves.
- What’s the difference between the Philodendron Lemon Lime and Moonlight? While these two varieties may look similar as youngsters, their differences become evident as they mature. The ‘Lemon Lime’ has a vining growth-habit and will need to be supported by stakes. It also requires regular pruning to maintain an attractive appearance. The Moonlight is a tree-like Philodendron that will support its own weight for years.
- Why are my Philodendron Moonlight’s leaves turning yellow? While we love the lemony appearance of the Philodendron Moonlight, extra yellowing can spell disaster. What’s the cause? Likely, overwatering. Remember that your Philodendron Moonlight requires well-draining soil to care for its needs indoors. Water the soil when the first 25% of soil is dry (1-2 inches). If you’re unsure if you should water, wait a few days.