All About Medinilla myriantha ‘Malaysian Orchid’
Posted on December 11 2022
It’s always easy to spot a Medinilla: their beautiful elegance is unmistakable! The Medinilla myriantha is similar to other Medinilla varieties. They share the same tree-like structure and have deeply veined rich green leaves. Also known as Malaysian Grapes, this Midinilla sports fewer petals than the Magnifica, but is architecturally beautiful with its vibrant spherical buds. If you’re looking for a centerpiece, you’ve found it!
Meet Your Match:
- Nickname: Malaysian Orchid, Malaysian Grapes
- About the Family: The Medinilla myriantha is a relative of other Medinilla varieties, such as the Medinilla Magnifica and Sedifolia.
- Understanding the Family Tree: Melastomataceae (Family), Medinilla (Genus), Medinilla myriantha (Species).
- Hometown: Philippines.
How to Care for Your Medinilla myriantha:
- Watering: Allow the first 1 inch to dry out before watering during the growing season. In dormancy, water when the majority of its soil has dried.
- Humidity: High.
- Soil: Moisture retaining, well-draining soil.
- Fertilizer: Balanced fertilizer, twice monthly while blooms are opening.
- Environment: Keep your Medinilla in bright indirect light and temperatures above 65 degrees.
- Propagation: Stem cuttings
- Toxicity: Non-toxic.
The Best Unboxing Practices:
- Watering: Exotic Forest ships freshly watered plants. Do not water your Medinilla until it exhibits the proper signs.
- Repotting: Do not immediately repot your plant, which would likely result in shock and leaf-loss. Allow it to acclimate to its new environment for at least one week.
- Lighting: Place your Medinilla in filtered, low light for a few days to acclimate. Relocate your Medinilla myriantha to your desired location that fits its care needs afterward. Do not ever place a freshly un-boxed plant in direct sun.
What You’re Getting:
- You will receive a carefully selected, quality evaluated Medinilla myriantha 'Malaysian Orchid' in a 10" diameter pot. All Exotic Forest plants are rooted and thriving.
- Due to the delicate nature of these captivating blossoms, we make every effort to provide a plant with as many unopened blooms as possible, which will open within 1-2 months.
What Makes Us Special:
- Shipment Methods: Plants are precious, and we want yours to arrive safely! We ship our plants via UPS, with a maximum of 4-day shipping.
- Our Packing: Have you received ‘squished’ plants from other companies? Our solution to this common issue is bamboo stakes and biodegradable packing peanuts (starch), which securely holds your plant in place during shipment.
- Chemical-free: We are committed to keeping our plants and customers safe. We never treat our plants with chemical pesticides.
- Quality Standards: Exotic Forest strives to meet stringent quality standards and evaluates each plant we resource from our nursery. Pest-free, healthy plants are a requirement!
- Customer Service: Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are experiencing issues with or have questions about how to care for your Medinilla myriantha ‘Malaysian Orchid’, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our social media accounts. Are you tired of receiving pre-written responses? We believe that plant parents want to talk to people, not robots. A knowledgeable team member reads and replies to each individual concern: no cookie-cutter answers here!
- Returns: While we do not accept returns at this time, you can contact us at email@example.com with photos of your plant and receipt to discuss the specific plant care issues you’re experiencing with your Medinilla myriantha ‘Malaysian Orchid’ and possible resolutions.
- Your Personal Plant-Care Resource: Do you love your new addition? We couldn’t be happier! Join our mailing list to receive exclusive offers, updates, and care tips.