All About Colocasia ‘Hawaiian Aloha’
Posted on December 10 2022
“Aloha” means three things, one of which you’ll never say to this plant: “Hello,” “I love you,” and “Goodbye.” That’s right, you’ll never want to part with this royal Colocasia Hawaiian Aloha beauty. Dark leaves go ombre on the edges into a lighter green color. The plant’s prominent veins are complemented by subtle (but intriguing) leaf texture. Really, for this plant… it’s all in the details. Gorgeous!
Meet Your Match:
- Nickname: Colocasia Royal Hawaiian ‘Aloha’, Elephant Ear Plant, Elephant Ears ‘Aloha’, Taro Plant, Taro ‘Aloha’
- About the Family: The Colocasia ‘Hawiian Aloha’ is a relative of other Colocasia varieties, such as the Mojito and White Lava.
- Understanding the Family Tree: Araceae (Family), Colocasia (Genus), Colocasia Esculenta (Species), Colocasia Esculenta ‘Hawiian Aloha’ (Cultivar).
- Hometown: Southeast Asia.
How to Care for Your Colocasia ‘Mojito’:
- Watering: Allow ⅓ of the soil to dry out before watering.
- Humidity: High.
- Soil: Well-draining soil.
- Fertilizer: 20-10-10 fertilizer, diluted to ½ strength every two weeks during the Spring-Summer.
- Environment: Indoors, keep your Colocasia in bright-medium indirect light and temperatures above 65 degrees.
- Propagation: Division.
- Toxicity: Toxic to pets and people.
The Best Unboxing Practices:Properly caring for your newly unboxed Colocasia Hawaiian Aloha for the first week of its new life is crucial to the extended wellness of your plant. Follow these practices to get the best results:
- Watering: Exotic Forest ships freshly watered plants. Do not water your Colocasia until it exhibits the proper signs.
- Repotting: Do not immediately repot your plant, which would likely result in shock and leaf-loss. Allow it to acclimate to its new environment for at least one week.
- Lighting: Place your Colocasia in filtered, low light for a few days to acclimate. Relocate your Colocasia Hawaiian Aloha to your desired location that fits its care needs afterward. Do not ever place a freshly un-boxed plant in direct sun.
What You’re Getting:
- You will receive a carefully selected, quality evaluated 10” diameter plant approximately 30" tall. All Exotic Forest plants are rooted and thriving.
What Makes Us Special:
- Shipment Methods: Plants are precious, and we want yours to arrive safely! We ship our plants via UPS, with a maximum of 4-day shipping.
- Our Packing: Have you received ‘squished’ plants from other companies? Our solution to this common issue is bamboo stakes and biodegradable packing peanuts (starch), which securely holds your plant in place during shipment.
- Chemical-free: We are committed to keeping our plants and customers safe. We never treat our plants with chemical pesticides.
- Quality Standards: Exotic Forest strives to meet stringent quality standards and evaluates each plant we resource from our nursery. Pest-free, healthy plants are a requirement!
- Customer Service: Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are experiencing issues with or have questions about how to care for your Colocasia ‘Hawaiian Aloha’, reach out to us at email@example.com or via our social media accounts. Are you tired of receiving pre-written responses? We believe that plant parents want to talk to people, not robots. A knowledgeable team member reads and replies to each individual concern: no cookie-cutter answers here!
- Returns: While we do not accept returns at this time, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with photos of your plant and receipt to discuss the specific plant care issues you’re experiencing with your Colocasia ‘Hawaiian Aloha’ and possible resolutions.
- Your Personal Plant-Care Resource: Do you love your new addition? We couldn’t be happier! Join our mailing list to receive exclusive offers, updates, and care tips.
FAQ about Colocasia Hawaiian Aloha:
- How to care for an indoor elephant ear plant? The key to an Elephant Ear’s success indoors is humidity and light! Make sure you are boosting the humidity in your plant’s environment with a humidifier or regular misting. Place your Colocasia in a brightly lit location: ideally a few feet away from a sunny window, out of the path of any direct sun.