All About Alocasia 'Tyrion'
Posted on December 12 2022
Alocasia Tyrion stands out from other Alocasia because of it’s long stalks. Tyrion has large, glossy, green, heart-shaped leaves with wavy edges. If you are searching for a plant to fill in a tall and skinny space in your home, Alocasia Tyrion is a great option.
Meet Your Match:
- Nickname: Elephant Ear Plant
- About the Family: The Alocasia Tyrion is related to other varieties of Alocasia, such as the Maharani and Imperial Red.
- Understanding the Family Tree: Araceae (Family), Alocasia (Genus), Alocasia Tyrion (Species).
- Hometown: Tropical Asia.
How to Care for Your Alocasia Tyrion:
- Watering: When the first 2 inches of soil is dry. Never let the soil completely dry.
- Humidity: Above 50%.
- Soil: Well-draining.
- Fertilizer: Mild fertilizer every two weeks during the growing season.
- Environment: Keep your Alocasia Tyrion in bright to medium indirect light and temperatures above 65 degrees.
- Propagation: Division.
- Toxicity: Shouldn’t be ingested; toxic to pets and people.
The Best Unboxing Practices:
- Watering: Exotic Forest ships freshly watered plants. Do not water your Alocasia until it exhibits the proper signs.
- Repotting: Do not immediately repot your plant, which would likely result in shock and leaf-loss. Allow it to acclimate to its new environment for at least one week.
- Lighting: Place your Alocasia in filtered, low light for a few days to acclimate. Relocate your Alocasia Tyrion to your desired location that fits its care needs afterward. Do not ever place a freshly un-boxed plant in direct sun.
What You’re Getting:
- You will receive a carefully selected, quality evaluated 10” diameter plant approximately 36" tall. All Exotic Forest plants are rooted and thriving.
What Makes Us Special:
- Shipment Methods: Plants are precious, and we want yours to arrive safely! We ship our plants via UPS, with a maximum of 4-day shipping.
- Our Packing: Have you received ‘squished’ plants from other companies? Our solution to this common issue is bamboo stakes and biodegradable packing peanuts (starch), which securely holds your plant in place during shipment.
- Chemical-free: We are committed to keeping our plants and customers safe. We never treat our plants with chemical pesticides.
- Quality Standards: Exotic Forest strives to meet stringent quality standards and evaluates each plant we resource from our nursery. Pest-free, healthy plants are a requirement!
- Customer Service: Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are experiencing issues with or have questions about how to care for your Alocasia 'Tyrion', reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our social media accounts. Are you tired of receiving pre-written responses? We believe that plant parents want to talk to people, not robots. A knowledgeable team member reads and replies to each individual concern: no cookie-cutter answers here!
- Returns: While we do not accept returns at this time, you can contact us at email@example.com with photos of your plant and receipt to discuss the specific plant care issues you’re experiencing with your Alocasia 'Tyrion' and possible resolutions.
- Your Personal Plant-Care Resource: Do you love your new addition? We couldn’t be happier! Join our mailing list to receive exclusive offers, updates, and care tips.
FAQ about Caring for Alocasia Tyrion:
- How to water an Alocasia? Make sure to water your Alocasia weekly to ensure you are keeping it’s soil moist. A good rule of thumb is to let the top 2 inches of soil dry before watering (never let soil dry out fully).
- Can you keep an Alocasia Tyrion outdoors? Alocasia Tyrion is a tropical plant, so it does well outdoors in zones 10 and 11. If you live in other zones, depending on your climate, you can put your Alocasia Tyrion outdoors in bright indirect light and bring it indoors during colder months. Alocasia also do great indoors as long as their basic needs of proper lighting, watering, and humidity are met.
- Can I mist my Alocasia? Alocasia Tyrion is native to tropical regions of Asia so it does best in humid environments. If you don’t have a humidifier, your Alocasia will love getting misted as often as you’d like.
- Does Alocasia need sun? Alocasia Tyrion needs bright indirect lighting to thrive. If it is placed in direct sunlight, the leaves are at risk to burn.