All About Agave attenuata ‘Blue Glow’
Posted on December 11 2022
The Agave attenuata ‘Blue Glow’ is a child of science; a hybrid created for its attractive, compact growth. True to its name, the Blue Glow has dusty blue-green leaves, tipped in red, with soft yellow spines. Tired of your plants outgrowing your living room bookshelf? This Agave is a slow grower and easy to care for, making it the perfect solution!
Meet Your Match:
- Nickname: Foxtail, Lion’s Tail, Swan's Neck Agave
- About the Family: The Blue Glow Agave is a relative of other Agave varieties, like Queen Victoria and Octopus Agave.
- Understanding the Family Tree: Agavoideae (Family), Agave (Genus), Agave attenuata (Species), Agave attenuata ‘Blue Glow’ (Cultivar).
- Hometown: Mexico.
How to Care for Your Agave attenuata ‘Blue Glow’:
- Watering: Allow the soil to dry out 90% before rewatering.
- Humidity: Average.
- Soil: Well-draining soil.
- Fertilizer: Diluted cactus or succulent fertilizer twice monthly.
- Environment: Keep your Agave in partial to direct sun and temperatures above 60 degrees.
- Propagation: Pups.
- Toxicity: Toxic.
The Best Unboxing Practices:
- Watering: Exotic Forest ships freshly watered plants. Do not water your Agave until it exhibits the proper signs.
- Repotting: Do not immediately repot your plant, which would likely result in shock and leaf-loss. Allow it to acclimate to its new environment for at least one week.
- Lighting: Place your Agave in filtered, low light for a few days to acclimate. Relocate your Agave attenuata ‘Blue Glow’ to your desired location that fits its care needs afterward. Do not ever place a freshly un-boxed plant in direct sun.
What You’re Getting:
- You will receive a carefully selected, quality evaluated 10” diameter plant. All Exotic Forest plants are rooted and thriving.
What Makes Us Special:
- Shipment Methods: Plants are precious, and we want yours to arrive safely! We ship our plants via UPS, with a maximum of 4-day shipping. Have you received ‘squished’ plants from other companies? Our solution to this common issue is bamboo stakes and biodegradable packing peanuts (starch), which securely holds your plant in place during shipment.
- Chemical-free: We are committed to keeping our plants and customers safe. We never treat our plants with chemical pesticides.
- Quality Standards: Exotic Forest strives to meet stringent quality standards and evaluates each plant we resource from our nursery. Pest-free, healthy plants are a requirement!
- Customer Service: Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are experiencing issues with or have questions about how to care for your Agave attenuata ‘Blue Glow’, reach out to us at email@example.com or via our social media accounts. Are you tired of receiving pre-written responses? We believe that plant parents want to talk to people, not robots. A knowledgeable team member reads and replies to each individual concern: no cookie-cutter answers here!
- Returns: While we do not accept returns at this time, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with photos of your plant and receipt to discuss the specific plant care issues you’re experiencing with your Agave attenuate Blue Glow and possible resolutions.
- Your Personal Plant-Care Resource: Do you love your new addition? We couldn’t be happier! Join our mailing list to receive exclusive offers, updates, and care tips.
FAQ about Agave attenuata Blue Glow:
- How big do Blue Agave get? The Blue Glow Agave can grow to be 1-2 feet (keep in mind, they grow very slowly) compared to other types of Blue Agave, which can reach up to 7 feet!
- How to care for a Blue Glow Agave? Blue Glow Agaves are used to living in desert conditions, so they thrive on a measure of neglect. Place them in the sunniest location in your home, water when 90% of the soil is dry, and fertilize during the growing season.